Tuesday 2 June 2015

OBSESSION

He could  still  perceive her perfume, memories of  her were everywhere in the  house, he couldn't  make himself put away  Sade's stuff.... It felt like  only  yesterday when they  took  their  vows and  promised to  love each other  forever  but  here he was just  two years  after alone and mourning her.
He remembered walking into the  house on  that sadistic Friday evening  a year ago, he  called  out for  her but  didn't get a  reply. He walked into the  bedroom  wondering why she wasn't responding  and then he saw her lying  on the  bed peacefully..... Smiling, he went closer and gave her  a  kiss, her lips was cold.... "that's  strange" he thought. "Baby"  he called but she didn't  respond.
Now  frantic,  he tried to  raise  her  up but she  was  oddly stiff and  heavy..... He started to scream which  drew his  neighbours attention. Sade was rushed to the  hospital where she was pronounced dead  on arrival...... He still  couldn't  believe how  something  so bad could happen to  someone so pure and  simple as his  wife
Timi  put his head in his hands, elbows leaning on the  glass table. He fought  tears, felt pain and sadness fill him to the  brim and  spill over. "Timi" he heard  Tare's voice calling  him,  "come on  Timi don't  tell me  you've  been crying". Dropping  her bag as she walked  up to  meet  him.
He raised his  face to  Tare who had been more than  a  friend to him since childhood, in fact, it was through  her he met Sade. "I can't  help  it Tare I just can't....."
Tare took Timi's arm gently.  "come let's  go get  you  dressed, I want to  take  you  somewhere".
"no I don't  really feel like  hanging out  Tare "......" I'm not taking  no for  an answer, go get changed  we are going  out  she said.
Slowly he stood up  and  went to  change.  It had been a long time  since  Timi hung out. Tare stole glances at Timi while  she drove, he looked  so less interested  with  life. Sade's death dealt a huge  blow on him more  than  she  thought it  would.
Parking  the car,  Timi realised  she brought  him to their  favourite  hangout  spot.  Walking  into the  joint,  Tare began to  sway her body to the  loud music while Timi  found  a place  to  sit
Tare  had always been a  jolly fellow even when she was  hurting. He wished  he could  absorb pain as half as she could..... Tare would always tease him back then by calling  him  a woman.
She had always been  there  for  him even  through  their  college  years. Heck! People back then thought  they were a pair cos of how close  they were and although  she acted possessive over him sometimes, they both knew there could be  nothing  more.
Taking  a sip from  his  drink,  Timi allowed his eye roam round the  joint and  finally  let  it settle  on Tare who was now  swaying  her hip to the  Woju beat. Catching  him staring,  she winked and  made  a move  towards  the  now smiling  Timi.
"come  let's  dance" she said.  No I don't want  to.... Just  dance  and  let  me  watch.  Shrugging  her  shoulder,  Tare pretended to leave but then turned  back swiftly pulling  Timi  to his feet...... Now  laughing,  Timi had no option  than to join her.
They ended up  having  a  good time and by 10pm, they were  headed home.  They got  home  some  minutes  past  10 and  Tare  decided  to  fix them a drink. She handed  him  a glass of wine while  they talked  and laughed about  everything  soon Timi  dozed off.
Timi couldn't  believe it...... Sade was here  with  him, he  could  perceive  her perfume  strongly  and oh her warm body..... Holding her tightly,  he murmured from  his sleep "Don't ever  leave me again Sade I love you".
Pushing  his hands  away roughly,  Timi  opened  his  eyes  in a dreamy state and saw a  figure. It looked  like  Sade wearing  her nighty...... He had to  be  dreaming...... Wiping his eyes  with  his  hands, he then  saw her.
Tare!  What the  hell are you  doing? Why do you have  my wife's  nighty on you? Not saying  a word,  Tare  stared at him with  a glint of craziness  in her eyes.
He tried  to  get  up but felt  very dizzy..... "Don't bother  getting  up cos you  won't be  able  to " he heard  her say.
"Tare what's  going on " Timi asked with  a hint  of  fear in his  voice...... Tare  laughing  hysterically  mimicked  Timi's  voice....
" so you still  love  a dead woman even after  a  year" she questioned  him. After all our time  together right  from  childhood. I sacrificed  so much  for  you!  I loved you!  I did  nothing  but love  you" she barked....... But how do you repay  me?  With  wickedness  that's  how! You  left me immediately  you set your  eyes  on Sade! I curse that day!  Like  a  little  slut that she was,  she wasted no time  in making  you  marry her..... "Hahaha" she laughed
"Tare  but we were never  dating,  you  are  more of a sister  to me "
Shut! up! Tare  screamed,  sister  my foot!
Who gave  you  your  first  kiss? I did!  Who was your  first?  I was!  Or have you  forgotten  how  we  experimented on ourselves when  we were  just  thirteen? Iwas  the first  girl you said  the  words "I love you " to..... It was  me me me!!!! Not Sade! You are  mine  not  hers! It's me you love  Timi!
Tare please  stop this Timi  begged. "awww my baby are my scaring  you" touching  his face  tenderly "I'm sorry  if I am didn't  mean  to " she said.
Timi tried to  move  but found  the effort  useless.
What did  you  do to me Tare?  Smiling in a cold  kinda way,  she  answered "oh nothing  harmful  for now  my love  just  something  to leave  you incapacitated  while  we make  plans  for  our wedding"
Timi knew he had  to  keep  here  talking  if he wanted to  live.
"did  you  know it's very  easy to  make  poison? A tasteless, colourless and odourless kind  for  that matter. To crown it all,  it can be  made from mere kitchen  ingredients....... Thanks to the  Internet " she shrieked in excitement.
Sade  would never have  guessed  that  her sharwama was poisoned, she was such a dull girl, I never  even  understood what  you  saw in the  slut mtcheeew!
Ah Tare!  So you killed  Sade? " Oh shut  it! Stop talking  about  that dead girl. Let's  talk  about  us...... Now  we can  be  man and  wife  just  as planned" kissing  him on the  cheek.
Pulling  two  syringes from  her bag, she looked  at Timi smiling.
You love  right?  she asked
"I do" Timi replied  clearly frightened
"so I was thinking, maybe we  should have a  court wedding..... What  do you think? "
"a court wedding is fine  by me" Timi replied amidst  sobs.
"no!  I change  my mind... I think  we should  make  our love  eternal  just  like  Romeo and Juliet" she said  tapping the  syringes.
"A court wedding  is just fine" Timi  pleaded making  Tare laugh
"I know  you've always  been  a  sissy but don't worry, this  won't hurt..... It would  only make you sleep forever ".
Timi was  now  obviously  terrified.  Tare moved closer and injected  Timi  with  a lesser  dose.  She felt  he already  had enough  lethal  stuff  in his system  and also  wanted  him to  sleep  off at the  same time as her  (she had it all planned)
Tare plugged in  her phone  to the  sound  system  in the room and put on repeat  "LAY ME DOWN"  by Sam Smith (she has  always  loved that song).
She soon injected her self  with  a  dose  of the poison she felt  matched his  and soon it began to  take  effect.
Tare laid down  quietly  beside  Timi, placing  her head on his  chest. " I love you  Timi" and  soon she was sleeping.....
Timi prayed and hoped someone  would  find  him.... He thought  about  Tare, wondering how he never  knew  she was so sick. He could  not  make  himself  hate her, he rather  felt  pity for  her.
His thoughts wandered to Sade, he felt  sorry  that  he wasn't  able  to  protect  her.
His precious  Sade....... Images of  her began  flooding his view  and then he didn't  bother  fighting  it anymore. He slept.......



NEWS HEADLINE
MAY 30TH 2015

lovers found  Dead in  their home........ Suspected cause of death : Drug abuse


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece! Brilliant!!! #Nerdy

August said...

So sad