Wednesday 23 December 2015

PURE LOVE

"My child is not a Sickler Doc Joe!!! Odiro possible!... I'm AA her dad is AA so how can my Sochi be a sickler! Eh! answer me!"..... Awele yelled at the doc with so much craziness and pain in her eyes.
  Doc Joe couldn't blame her, rather he felt so much pity for her. This was her fifth visit to the hospital in just a month. The crises started three months ago just after his friend and husband of Awele, Ejike died.
  "Awele take it easy your baby will be fine....just stick to the drugs I gave you religiously"

"What's my sin?! What is that abominable thing I've done why all this?!"....Awele questioned as she wept profusely.
  Staring down at her baby, she looked so frail and white skinned. One could hardly tell the sex of her child as baby Sochi had various parts of her head shaved in search of veins.

Angrily, Awele pulled out the dextro-saline attached to her baby and broke into a run out of the hospital....the nurses chased after her but she moved with so much speed.
  Finding herself outside and far away from the hospital, Awele placed her child properly in her arms and went to the middle of the  busy minna-road were she sat down with reckless abandon.

"I can't take this anymore God!! If this child dies I die too! My baby is not a sickler!!!.... Here look at the report the doctor gave!!! Change it or take the both of us out of this world!!!"..... Awele kept muttering like a mad woman as cars manoeuvred their way around the busy road trying not to hit her.

"Who be this mad woman?!"
"She wan die ni?!"
"Make una commot her for middle of road!"
"Winch no be me go kill you and your pikin!"..... Awele didn't care at all about the reactions of passerby's. She told herself; she was only going to stand up from where she was when her baby opened her eyes.

Crying as she muttered inaudible words, Awele was caught by surprise when baby Sochi sneezed thrice and struggled to open her eyelids.... "Hey!! Heyy!! She has woken up o!!".....was all Awele kept screaming as she swiftly stood up from the ground with the baby in her arms.... Now more conscious and cautious, Awele made the move to cross the road back home.

Awele stared at Sochi as she slept turning to her left, she smiled lovingly at her grandkids Psalmy and Zoe who were asleep as well, "big children"... she murmured.
  Feeling fulfilled Awele couldn't thank God enough. "This was the same Sochi "her Sochi" who doctors called an SS 39 years ago".
   Her baby was now a wife to the most loving man and a mother of two healthy Teens. This was her second trip to Europe this year alone with her daughter and grandkids.
Most of all Sochi, loved God and was doing exploits through the youth foundation she had set up.

Awele smiled as tears rolled down her cheeks....just then Sochi woke up. "You're crying mummy? Is anything wrong?!".... Sochi questioned. "No I'm fine Nwa. I'm just happy, I'm a fulfilled woman, God has been merciful to me".
"Yes He has mummy. I love you mummy!".... Sochi said as she hugged her mum really tight.

This is specially dedicated to my mum; Agunwanyi! Adadioramma! Super Mum! My Gist Partner! My Intercessor!.... I love love love YOU....you'll grow spiritually, physically and financially!
Thank you for all the sacrifices you make for me. Your Nwa will make you proud really soon!
Happy Birthday Mummy'm

I love you!.. Oh I forgot I said that before hehe

No comments: